The os4200s are three versions of a stainless steel temperature probe based on fiber Bragg grating (FBG) technology.
Temperature Probe | os4200
The os4200 Temperature Probes are sealed, stainless steel tubes that are designed to make handling easy and sensor installation fast and repeatable. It is based on fiber Bragg grating (FBG) technology. and since there are no epoxies holding the fiber to the tube, long term stability is ensured by design.
In side by side comparisons with conventional thermocouples, the os4200 is equally sensitive and accurate, while providing sub-second response time, wider operating range, no calibration, and no EMI noise. The os4200 Temperature Probe is qualified for use in harsh environments and delivers the many advantages inherent to all FBG based sensors.
This sensor can be used alone or in series at the end of an FBG sensor array. Installation and cabling for such arrays is much less expensive and cumbersome than comparable electronic gage networks. Options include packages that operate like conventional thermocouples with armored cables and protected connectors, and small probes that provide the user with both installation flexibility and sub-second response time.
With each sensor, Micron Optics provides a Sensor Information Sheet listing the calibration coefficients needed to convert wavelength information into temperature. Micron Optics’ ENLIGHT Sensing Software provides a utility to calculate and then record, display, and transmit data for large networks of sensors.
- Fast response time.
- Qualified to same rigorous standards used for comparable electronic gages.
- Fast, simple, repeatable installation.
- Armored fiber cable weldable package and rugged sensor package.
- Connector protection fittings available for harsh environments.
- Several package options for field applications.
- Calibrated for high absolute accuracy.
- Capable of measuring from -70 to +275 degrees C.
- Micron Optics’ patented micro opto-mechanical technology.
- Included in ENLIGHT’s sensor templates – allows for quick and easy optical to mechanical conversions.