The os3610 Surface Mount Strain Sensor measures average strain over the length of the gage while providing integrated temperature compensation.
Surface Mount Strain Sensor | os3610
The os3610 is based on fiber Bragg grating (FBG) technology and is available two gage lengths of 25 or 100 cm. It is intended exclusively for surface mounting. Each end of the os3610 is attached to the structure via rigid brackets that are either welded, bolted, epoxied, or grouted to the surface of a concrete, rock, steel, composite, or other structure.
Armored cables, a rugged sealed steel body, and optional connector protection fittings make the os3610 suitable for harsh environments. Two FBGs are well protected inside the os3610 body. One FBG measures strain, and the other provides for integrated temperature compensation. Since there are no epoxies holding the fiber to the carrier, long-term stability is ensured by design.
In side-by-side comparisons with vibrating wire and foil strain gages, the os3610 is equally sensitive and accurate, while providing corrosion insensitivity and 100 times more fatigue life. The os3610 strain gage is qualified for use in harsh environments and delivers the many advantages inherent to all FBG based sensors.
This sensor can be used alone or in series as a part of an FBG sensor array. Installation and cabling for such arrays is much less expensive and less cumbersome than comparable electronic gage networks.
- Temperature compensation sensor integrated inside. Measurement of relative temperature for compensation of strain measurements.
- User adjustable zero point optimizes full use of strain range.
- Two standard gage lengths of 25 and 100 cm.
- Fast, simple, repeatable installation.
- Qualified to same rigorous standards used for comparable electronic gages.
- Double ended design supports multiplexing of many sensors on one fiber.
- Cable integrated with sensor package for fiber protection and strain relief.
- Connector protection fittings available for harsh environment.
- Micron Optics’ patented micro opto-mechanical technology.
- Included in ENLIGHT’s sensor templates – allows for quick and easy optical to mechanical conversions.
- IP67 rated for protection from dust and water ingress