The os3500 Embeddable Strain Sensor measures average strain over the length of the gage while providing integrated temperature compensation.
Embeddable Strain Sensor | os3500
The os3500 Embeddable Strain Sensor measures average strain over the length of the gage while providing integrated temperature compensation. It is based on fiber Bragg grating (FBG) technology. The os3500 is intended exclusively for embedding in concrete structures. Disk ends form a solid bond to surrounding concrete or grout.
A rugged, stainless steel body, ruggedized cables and optional connector protection fittings make the os3500 suitable for harsh environments.Two FBGs are well protected inside the os3500 body. One FBG measures strain, and the other provides for integrated temperature compensation. Since there are no epoxies holding the fiber to the carrier, long-term stability is ensured by design.
In side-by-side comparisons with vibrating-wire and foil strain gages, the os3500 is equally sensitive and accurate, while providing 100 times more fatigue life. The os3500 strain gage is qualified for use in harsh environments and delivers the many advantages inherent to all FBG based sensors.
This sensor can be used alone or in series as part of an FBG sensor array. Installation and cabling for such arrays is much less expensive and less cumbersome than comparable electronic gage networks.
- Temperature compensation sensor integrated inside. Measurement of relative temperature for compensation of strain measurements.
- Qualified to same rigorous standards applied to comparable electronic gages.
- Connector protection fittings available for harsh environments.
- Fast, Simple, repeatable installation
- Ruggedized sensor package.
- Double ended design supports multiplexing of many sensors on one fiber
- Micron Optics’ patented micro opto-mechanical technology.