Micron Optics’ patented FFP-TF, fiber Fabry-Perot (FFP) Tunable Filter achieves high finesse and maintains low loss in a rugged package.
Fiber Fabry-Perot Tunable Filter | FFP-TF
The key to the simple and elegant design of the FFP tunable filter is the lensless all- fiber construction. There are no collimating optics or lenses, thus with the FFP tunable filter Micron Optics has eliminated the pitfalls of other Fabry-Perot component technologies, including misalignment, environmental sensitivity, and extraneous modes.
The FFP tunable filter follows the Airy function so closely that engineers can design it into the opto- electronic OEM systems knowing that it will provide results that match to the theoretical mathematical model.
For more than two decades, the Micron Optics FFP-TF has proven its capabilities in WDM applications, and has satisfied the ever-increasing performance demands of the telecom market including optical network monitoring, signal conditioning and dynamic networking and transport. Additionally, the filter continually proves itself as the key enabling technology for world-class test instruments.
- High resolution and low loss design
- Super-cavity finesse
- Vibration and shock resistant
- Thermally stable
- Fast scanning permits fast, accurate measurements
Ideal for OEM applications
- Customizable center wavelength, free spectral range, finesse & bandwidth
- Center wavelength bands from 800 to 2000 nm
- Small footprint
- Low power requirements
- Telcordia GR 2883 qualified
- Proven reliability over decades of us
Product Inquiry Form
- Optical Coherence Tomography (see OCT datasheet)
- Optical performance monitoring
- Spectrum analysis
- Tunable optical noise filtering
- Tunable channel drop for ultra DWDM
- Tunable sources
- Optical sensing