The os5100 is an FBG based displacement gage designed for measuring changes of less 50 mm in civil and geotechnical structures.
Displacement Gage | os5100
Based on fiber Bragg grating (FBG) technology, the os5100 is specifically designed to measure displacement between two gage points on a specimen surface. The gage design is flexible enough to allow for easy attachment to various substrates, making measurements on metal, concrete and other surfaces straightforward. The two FBG sensors that comprise the os5100 gage are located within the rugged hard-coat anodized aluminum enclosure which shields them from the elements and allows for installations in harsh environments.
This gage can be used alone or in series as a part of an FBG sensor array (which may include strain and temperature gages, accelerometers and other displacement gages). Cabling for such arrays is much less expensive and cumbersome than comparable electronic gage networks. Cables can be joined directly inside the enclosure, eliminating the need for separate junction boxes. The os5100 delivers the many advantages inherent to all FBG based sensors, including EMI immunity – something vibrating wire gages cannot offer.
With each gage, Micron Optics provides a Sensor Information Sheet listing the gage factor and calibration coefficients needed to convert wavelength information into engineering units. Micron Optics’ ENLIGHT Sensing Software provides a utility to calculate and then record, display and transmit data for large networks of sensors.
- Up to 50 mm measurement range using a 9.5 mm stainless steel rod.
- Rugged aluminum enclosure suitable for outdoor installations, IP67 rating.
- Qualified to same rigorous standards used for comparable electronic gages.
- Internal protection of connectors/splices.
- Supports multiplexing of multiple gages on one fiber.
- Fully temperature compensated over entire operating range.
- Fast response time, stable measurements, high resolution.
- Designed for simple installation in a variety of applications.